What Is Interventional Radiology?
Bay Imaging Consultants includes specialized radiologists who perform a wide variety of minimally invasive, imaging guided procedures as well as minimally invasive neurosurgical procedures. These procedures are generally ordered by your doctor in consultation with our interventional experts. Some are performed at our CT suite and some in a special, dedicated surgical suite equipped with fluoroscopy at our hospitals.
- Diagnostic Angiography TIPS
- Angioplasty & Intravascular Stents IVC Filters
- Central Venous Catheters Dialysis Graft Thrombolysis
- Arterial & Venous Thrombolysis Angioplasty
- Embolization GI Procedures
- Fibroid Embolization GU Procedures
- Thoracic Procedures
- Endovascular treatment of Cerebral Aneurysms
- Endovascular treatment of Arteriovenous
- Malformations and Fistulas
- Treatment of Vasospasm
- Endovascular therapy in management of Acute Stroke
- Intracranial Angioplasty and Stenting
Preparation For Exam
The patient preparation varies depending on the type of procedure being performed. You will be given instructions when the procedure is scheduled, and before some of these procedures you will meet with the radiologist in advance. After some procedures, you will go home the same day. Others are generally followed by overnight observation in the hospital. If you are or think you might be pregnant, please mention this before the procedure is scheduled.
The time required varies greatly, and this, along with recovery time and any special instructions, will be reviewed with you before the procedure.
All procedures involve a discussion and interpretation of findings that will be reported to your doctor in writing within 24 to 72 hours. In addition, results may be reviewed with you after the procedure is completed.